Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My mom's heating oil tank was once repaired looks rough. she's afaid of it leaking. is there a patch to repair

Your local oil company should be able to take it away and replace it with a new one.....I would not mess around with that problem...just get it taken care of.My mom's heating oil tank was once repaired looks rough. she's afaid of it leaking. is there a patch to repair
You don't say if the tank is presently leaking. Just that it was, and it looks rough. If it is not leaking now, then leave it alone.





There are solidifying epoxies , like a balzona product, (I think that's how it's spelled) That could be used, but keep in mind that this will make another repair more difficult. We've used products like this at our manufacturing plant and I've seen it hold a leaking steam pipe at 100 psi.My mom's heating oil tank was once repaired looks rough. she's afaid of it leaking. is there a patch to repair
No way to patch the leak. Best bet is to have it replaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment