Saturday, December 26, 2009

My recently purchased Sonata 1996 has oil deposited underneath the engine. Should I get major repairs done?

I got the Oil changed after buying the car. After regular checking I found that the oil level did not drop. But based on the oil deposit the Hyundai 4S garage has advised to have some major work done on the engine to stop oil leak, which will cost a lot. What should I do?My recently purchased Sonata 1996 has oil deposited underneath the engine. Should I get major repairs done?
Just keep an eye on the oil level .. if the car is not smoking while you are driving and the oil level is not dropping the oil may have just been some left on the frame of the car after the oil change.. If you still see some oil spots under the car when you park it overnight it may be a front or rear main oil seal.. annoying but not urgent unless you start to loose a lot of oil.My recently purchased Sonata 1996 has oil deposited underneath the engine. Should I get major repairs done?
No, given the diagnostic provided to you. ';Major work to stop leak'; Nice way to make a grand. Get a second opinion ALWAYS. Chances are, its a 10 yr old buildup of grime etc.I would ask someone to clean the engine bay, with specific attention to the oiled area, then do as the answerer above suggests. If it drops a little, then paper on the garage floor may help. Dont rush out and throw money at it, Hyundais are pretty reasonable for longevity. Talk to a reputable auto parts store about additives, there are some fine products that will minimise any consumption.
yes that will cost a lot but check washer in oil drain screw it sould be a brass one that can only be used ones

No comments:

Post a Comment