Saturday, December 26, 2009

I got a hair-line crack in my oil pan. Would J.B Weld be ok to repair the crack or would it cause problems?

I think that you have been well warned off from that type of welding. However, if you decide to go that way then you would be advised to stop the crack from spreading by simply drilling holes right at the ends prior to welding.I got a hair-line crack in my oil pan. Would J.B Weld be ok to repair the crack or would it cause problems?
Either weld it or replace it - the consequences of losing the oil in your engine are simply too great to trust to an epoxy repair - JB Weld is great stuff but it won't prevent that crack from spreading.I got a hair-line crack in my oil pan. Would J.B Weld be ok to repair the crack or would it cause problems?
Better fix it right, the oil pan inst the place to be experimenting with things. It likely will not hold and will be leaking again.
pay a little now for an oil pan or PAY a lot for a new engine when this one runs out of oil due to a piss poor repair job on the oil pan
It won't cause problems but it will not work. The expansion and contraction will cause it to come loose.
Leannes absolutley tright
IT would be hard to clean it good enough for j.b. weld to work !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment