Saturday, December 26, 2009

Oil leak from my car's engine. Where to repair?

I brought my car to the e-safety check for renewing rego. But it failed. The inspector said that there is oil leaking from engine. I can not visually see the leaking oil. So I have the option to get him to fix it or taking my car to whatever shops until my car's problem is solved. He said this would be a big job.





What is your advice? Should i leave this to him or bring to another repairer?Oil leak from my car's engine. Where to repair?
Take your car to another mechanic for a second opinion. If you can't see an oil leak or see the source of the leak, try putting newspaper under your engine for a day or two to see if any drops of oil are caught by the newspaper. Look at the underside of your engine. An oil leak should be a visible accumulation of oil droplets some place. It is possible that there is an internal engine oil leak. You can monitor this by checking the crankcase oil dip stick every day for at least a week. Oil leak from my car's engine. Where to repair?
unless you trust the inspector get a second opinion! also ask the inspector where the oil is coming freom? the sump gasget? a oil seal? oil pump? head gasget? there are so many...... it could be something real simple to repair? Also there are aditives you can add to your engine oil that can help stop it -if the problem is a gasget- is always better though to replace the gasget?
Hmmm, If you are not able to diagnose this yourself then I would find a trusty garage to check it out.
go to another garage and get a second opinion

No comments:

Post a Comment