Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My sienna is having heavy smoke and I had to put oil often, what do I need to repair on it?

depends on whether or not its smoking outhe the tailpipe or under the car. typically this vehicle after a few miles with develop a valve cover leak. when this happens the oil spills down on top of the exhaust manifold. when the manifold is hot, it will smoke something fierce. have this checked and repaired if its your problemMy sienna is having heavy smoke and I had to put oil often, what do I need to repair on it?
if you are having black smoke coming out the tail pipes you have to change the piston ring's and do a valve job,might as well rebuild the motor or replace it.sorryMy sienna is having heavy smoke and I had to put oil often, what do I need to repair on it?
Bob is correct. It depends on where the oil is going. If you're leaking externally, it may be something as simple as a leaking valve cover gasket that is dripping on a part of the exhaust and creating a nice smoke show in the process.





If the oil is leaking internally and it's being burned inside the engine, the cause could be anything from leaking valve stem seals to bad piston rings.
a valve job.including valve guides...best bet is to get rebuilt head [trade in] from any auto pts...[advance,zone,oreilly[napa] shop around....

No comments:

Post a Comment