Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I just changed the oil on my 2006 honda accord but cant turn off the repair light.. how do I turn it off???

I wen to a mobil and they changed my oil but didnt know how to turn off/reset the repair light that is in my car and so it is still flashing. How do I turn it off? Please help!I just changed the oil on my 2006 honda accord but cant turn off the repair light.. how do I turn it off???
You need to turn your ignition key to the on position without turning the car on. Once it is in the on position press your trip odometer reset button repeatadly until the oil indicator light is displayed. Press %26amp; hold the reset button approximately 10 seconds (you'll see the oil indicator light start blinking) then let go. Wait a few seconds then press and hold the reset button for about 5 seconds. This should shut off the indicator light and reset it.I just changed the oil on my 2006 honda accord but cant turn off the repair light.. how do I turn it off???
Take it to a dealer, and have it checked; There might be something more serious wrong. Well worth the money to find out ! A bad oil pump could cost you at least 2 thousand $, after the engine is ruined ! You can disconnect the batt. POS. + terminal, and let the computer re-boot. If that doesn't get rid of the light , get it checked !
9 times out of 10, the computer gets reset by pulling the negative wire of the battery for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment