Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A friend told me that i needed to remove just the top 2 parts where you add the oil to repair my oil and water?

my car seems to mixing oil and water which cause my car to drip out water from the tail pipe along with smoke. a friend told me that all i needed to do is take off top part where my oil is added and take off the other side as well. now these parts are by my spark plugs. i did remove them both and cleaned them and put a temp glue around for now im a single mother of four and am on a budget so i used the glue instead of the gasket that goes around. my problem started due to over heating problems. the line from the radiator to the motor had a big leak.i had it fixed and the next day my car was smoking bad and water was coming out my car ever sounds like it wants to turn off if i have it in park. now some one told me my problem maybe deeper in side and needs to be torqued. my car is a acura legend 1988 it is an older car, but it also seems it has some side parts that need repairing as well does this type of car have gaskets on the side as well.please help me i need a car for work and to Take my kids to school and the most sucky part is i have push a basket down the street loaded with food...........lol .....please hellllpp me im tired of not having my car.A friend told me that i needed to remove just the top 2 parts where you add the oil to repair my oil and water?
Ok, for starters the things that you are saying don't quite make sense and I understand this from a single womans point of view (not trying to insult), but what I'm thinking is going on is that your head gasket is blown. Plain and simple. This is almost the number one reason that you will have oil and water mix. Now, smoke out your tail pipe in this case is probably actually steam. the other thing to worry about is if the water gets in to your oil, it can cause damage to the internal engine parts. I would not operate this vehicle unitl the head gasket is replaced. Now this is just a guess and some testing should be done to ascertain exactly what the problem is. I would suggest finding a person who knows how to do a LEAKDOWN test, not a compression test, and have this done in order to figure out if your head gasket is blown. You can also talk to your mechanic about sniffing the coolant for exhaust gases. This where a tool is used to find out if exhaust gases have been mixing with your coolant (assuming you have any left at this point) don't let your car run out of coolant, or oil, and don't drive it what ever you do.A friend told me that i needed to remove just the top 2 parts where you add the oil to repair my oil and water?
Sounds like a head gasket to me. Check you oil, and see what color it is? If it looks like chocolate milk then you have coolant in your oil....blown head gasket. They aren't to hard to replace if you know what you are doing but from the sound of your question it might be too hard for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment