Thursday, January 7, 2010

My mom's heating oil tank has been repaired,who knos when. she's afraid of it leaking. is there a patch maybe

';heating oil tank';... I assume that your talkin about the propane tank out in the yard. It's not uncommon to smell gas near or around your tank even if it's not leaking. I mean, your not gonna smell it if it's not leaking, but it's probably not leaking enough to be concerned. My parents' house and my grandma's house both have propane tanks. Especially when it starts to get cooler you can smell gas when walking around them. I'm not quite sure why this is, but i don't believe its of any concerning matter.


If it is in need of repair then it should only be done by a licensed professional. I'm all for doing stuff yourself, but one spark near a leaking fuel tank could singe a few hairs. It shouldn't explode, but may shoot a flame from the location of the leak. Propane, as with most fuels, requires oxygen to burn and there shouldn't be any oxygen in the tank.My mom's heating oil tank has been repaired,who knos when. she's afraid of it leaking. is there a patch maybe
Not a lot of good news. I assume the tank is buried. The tank rusts from the inside out. It is usually caused by water (Condensaton). If the tank is not repaced it will need constant repair. I always recommend having the tank filled at the end of the season. It sitting all summer with a partial tank is the culpret.My mom's heating oil tank has been repaired,who knos when. she's afraid of it leaking. is there a patch maybe
yes you can fix a oil tank not a propane tank


find the leak and clean it with a degreasor . get some soft lead and knock it into the hole with a hammer this sounds strange but as you pound the lead into the hole it gets pressed through the hole it and seals it up tight

No comments:

Post a Comment