Thursday, January 7, 2010

If I lost about 1/8 cup of oil out of my washer transmision while I was repairing another part, will it damage

Do you know how I could put oil back in it and what type of oil I should use?If I lost about 1/8 cup of oil out of my washer transmision while I was repairing another part, will it damage
loosing oil in your clothes washer transmission could later down the road lead to problems. you could replace it with a little trasnmission oil you use in your car, works fine. if in fact you do not feel the need to replace the oil what could eventually happen is the trasnmission could seize thus burning out the motor, and if belt driven resulting in many broken belts. if its is direct drive it will result in many broken motor couplings.If I lost about 1/8 cup of oil out of my washer transmision while I was repairing another part, will it damage
In almost all gearcases the oil is added to the bottom half of the gearcase during assembly not after assembly. Incompadable oil will do more damage than being 1/8 cup low. Use it as is.
Probably automatic transmission fluid, there should be a plug either on top or close to the top of the transmission
you should replace the oil as they do not hold a lot of oil in the first place. call your local appliance parts store and they should have the correct type of oil, and be able to tell you where to fill it. you will need to give them the brand and model number of your machine. good luck, hope this gives you the info that you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment